- We tell you who can qualify to receive the $ 1,400 of financial aid from the new stimulus based on their income and dependents
- Some taxpayers left out in the first rounds of payments could qualify for the third economic shock
- Those who are not citizens but pay taxes may qualify for a third check
As Democrats continue to push for President Joe Biden’s third $ 1.9 trillion COVID-19 aid package, which includes $ 1,400 advance payments for millions of Americans, we explain who qualifies to receive the check.
The Democratic-led House has already made significant progress on the package, especially on the details of who would qualify to receive a check, taking into account income, dependents and “mixed” status families.
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Nancy pelosi, said Thursday that he believes the third economic relief package will be on President Biden’s desk on March 14 for his signature.
The scores on the third stimulus check take into account different factors such as adjusted gross income, age, marital status, citizenship and tax status of Americans, reported CNET.
This means that many more people who were left out in the first rounds of payments could qualify for the third stimulus check, according to the Democrats’ proposal.
Who qualifies for the maximum amount of $ 1,400 based on gross income?
- Single taxpayer earning less than $ 75,000. Those earning $ 100,000 or more do not qualify
- Head of household earning less than $ 112,500. Those who earn more than $ 150,000 are not eligible to receive payment.
- Married couple filing a joint return of less than $ 150,000. Those couples who file a return of $ 200,000 or more do not qualify.
In the first round, single taxpayers making $ 99,000 or more received nothing.
However, according to CNET, if the proposed bill is passed with Democrats with the latest guidelines, a single taxpayer earning $ 99,000 will be eligible to receive a check for $ 56.
Likewise, those couples who jointly declare $ 198,000 would receive $ 112 in this third round, likewise, the heads of household who earn $ 137,000 would receive $ 486.
The new proposal would send $ 1,400 to dependents in the third round of payments.
In general, more dependents regardless of age could qualify.
Children who are college students, older family members, and people of any age with certain disabilities would be eligible to receive a third stimulus package check.
If the bill passes as it stands at this time, these individuals could qualify for a third stimulus check.
- Individuals with an adjusted gross income of less than $ 100,000 would qualify to receive some amount of money from the check
- Head of household with an adjusted gross income of less than $ 150,000 would qualify for some payment amount
- Couples filing jointly for adjusted gross income of less than $ 200,000 would qualify for any payment amount
- Dependents of all ages would qualify to receive a check for $ 1,400 each, regardless of age (only if guardians have income below the above limits)
- Mixed status families, provided they meet the other qualifications
- U.S. Citizens Living Abroad
- Citizens of U.S. Territories
- Many seniors, including retirees over 65, may be eligible for a third check
- Incarcerated persons Initially excluded by IRS interpretation, but now included by court order
- People Who Must Pay Child Support
- Those who are not citizens but pay taxes may qualify for a third check depending on the “mixed status” rules.
MundoHispánico is the number one digital media company in Spanish in the United States that operates independently.
Since its inception in Atlanta, Ga. In 1979, MundoHispanico.com, owned by Mundo Hispano Digital Network, has grown rapidly and has become the most widely read weekly Spanish-language newspaper in the southeast of the country and one of the largest Spanish-language news and information websites in U.S.
In addition to emerging as a leader in breaking news for the Spanish-speaking audience in the United States, MundoHispanico.com has several platforms optimized for marketing, such as Mundo Dinero, Mundo Motor, Mundo Latina and Mundo Fan, which provide our audience exclusive and relevant content on these topics that they are passionate about.
MundoHispánico has 8 million followers on Facebook who interact with all its platforms, with breaking news and live video coverage of the main events of national importance. Find us on Instagram, Youtube and Twitter.