- Walmart announces that it will reopen a second entrance in its stores after closing them as security measures against the coronavirus
- Confident in the proper behavior of customers, the company has decided to reopen a second entrance in its stores
- This is another step towards the long-awaited ‘normality’. However, the company clarified that some other mandatory measures such as the use of masks will be maintained.
Walmart announces that it will reopen a second entrance to its stores after closing them as security measures against the coronavirus.
With the arrival of the pandemic, Walmart stores applied a series of security measures that allowed them to minimize the chances of infection.
Constant cleaning, cutting hours, fewer customers inside their stores and access through a single entrance were some of the actions taken in the chain of stores to protect customers and employees from the Covid-19.
To the extent that federal and local authorities have relaxed the rules, so have companies. Walmart is not far behind.
Walmart will reopen second entrance in its stores after closing them due to coronavirus
Confident of the proper behavior of customers, the company has decided to reopen a second entrance in its stores.
“As we continue to reopen our operations, the health and safety of our associates, customers and communities will continue to guide all of our decisions. We have seen that, in general, customers have adopted new behaviors and are taking seriously their personal responsibility to wear masks, practice social distancing and use our extended hours to better distribute traffic throughout the day, allowing us to provide new options, such as opening a second entry ”, they indicated in their Web page.
This is another step towards the long-awaited ‘normality’. However, the company clarified that some other mandatory measures such as the use of masks will be maintained.
“We will continue with most of the measures currently in place, such as requiring masks, improving cleaning routines, including after-use spray carts, plastic protectors on our cash registers, and doubling the number of health ambassadors for staff at both entries ”, they reported.
“We will continue to have social distancing floor decals and a divided lobby to keep our entrances and exits separate, and we will continue to comply with all state and local government mandates that cover our stores,” the company added.
Other security measures taken by Walmart in the face of the coronavirus are:
- Since last April 20, the company began to require the use of masks to its employees, both in offices and in stores. Two months ago, since July 20, they also applied the rule for customers who visit Walmart spaces.
- As of August 17, Walmart extended the hours of its stores. Depending on the location, they will close between 8:30 and 10 at night. See store hours.
- The company has given special importance to the pharmacy area in the hope that customers can get the medicine they need. They also work from Monday to Saturday from 9 in the morning to 7 at night and on Sundays from 10 in the morning until 6 in the afternoon. For Tuesdays, they maintain a special hour (6 am to 7 am) to serve those over 60 years old.
- They have also promoted Delivery and Pick-up services.
Recently, the company reported on the salary increase to its employees.
Walmart increases the hourly wage of almost 165 thousand employees
Good news for many Walmart workers: there will be an increase in hourly wages for almost 165,000 employees at its stores in the United States.
In accordance with WTKR, Walmart announced Thursday that starting in October it will increase the hourly wages of nearly 165,000 employees in specific roles.
In addition, the giant of retail chains also introduced new leadership roles that will obtain the increase in payment, said the aforementioned media.
At Blog Dacona Smith, Walmart’s US Director of Operations, said the retailer was introducing a “team-based operating model” at Supercenters stores, as they had had success with that program at their Sam’s Club and Neighborhood stores. Market.
He added: “We are investing in new roles and skills training to give us the flexibility to serve customers anytime, anywhere.”
“In turn, associates will have more room for career and salary growth,” Smith said in the aforementioned blog post.
As detailed by WTKR, citing Smith, starting in October, the team that occupies the main roles will be paid between $ 18 and $ 21 an hour, and if they work in a Supercenter, they could be paid up to $ 30 an hour.
The director of operations also noted that hourly workers in the bakery and deli areas would be paid $ 11-15 per hour.
Hourly employees at the auto care center would receive a raise of $ 1 or more per hour.
Smith said, “We are reinvesting in various ways to provide associates with a higher and more consistent base salary.”
The Walmart official added: “Similarly, for these select hourly roles, this increase will also take the place of the regular quarterly bonus and become part of your base salary going forward, offering more predictability and more pay on your wages. per hour”.
This increase for thousands of Walmart employees comes days after another well-known store also announced increases in their salaries.
Filed As: Walmart will reopen second entrance in its stores after closing them due to coronavirus
The post Walmart will reopen second entrance in its stores after closing them due to coronavirus appeared first on Hispanic World.