- Former President Donald Trump sues his niece and the prestigious New York Times.
- Trump sued his niece and the newspaper for $100 million.
- The ex-president sued them due to the report that was published about his taxes.
Is it revenge? A new chapter has now been added to the already well-known troubled story between former President Donald Trump and his niece Mary Trump after he sued her, as well as the New York Times, for $ 100 million.
NBC News reported that, on Tuesday, former President Donald Trump sued his niece, Mary Trump, and the New York Times for $ 100 million, claiming they had conspired to obtain his tax returns and publish the story about his undisclosed finances with which the newspaper ended up winning the Pulitzer Prize.
Trump sued his niece for $ 100 million
The lawsuit claimed that Mary Trump and three New York Times reporters, Susanne Craig, David Barstow and Russell Buettner, were involved in what they called an “insidious plot” and “extensive crusade” to obtain taxes from former President Donald Trump.
“The defendants participated in an insidious plot to obtain confidential and highly sensitive records that they exploited for their own benefit and used as a means to falsely legitimize their publicized works,” said the document in which Trump sued his niece and the prestigious Newspaper.
In addition to his niece, Trump also sued the New York Times
Craig, Barstow and Buettner received a 2019 Pulitzer Prize for explanatory reporting for their story series, which gave the reading public an unprecedented look at former President Donald Trump’s finances, NBC News reported.
Mary Trump has said she released Trump’s tax returns to The New York Times in her 2020 best-selling book about her uncle, titled “Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man,” and in interviews with the media, who mentioned the lawsuit. In the book, the daughter of Trump’s brother, Fred Jr., displayed an “authoritative portrait of Donald J. Trump and the toxic family that created him.”
Niece described him as “desperate” and “loser”
NBC recalled that in a statement, Mary Trump called her uncle Donald Trump desperate. “I think he’s a loser and he’s going to throw everything he can against the wall. It is despair. The walls are closing in and he’s throwing anything against the wall that he thinks will stick. As is always the case with Donald, he will try to change the subject, ”he said.
The New York Times said in a statement that it plans to contest the lawsuit. “The Times’ coverage of Donald Trump’s taxes helped inform citizens through meticulous reporting on an issue of primary public concern,” said Danielle Rhoades Ha, a spokeswoman for the newspaper. “This lawsuit is an attempt to silence independent news organizations and we plan to vigorously defend ourselves against it.”
Lawsuit claims niece “smuggled” Trump documents
The lawsuit was filed in New York state court in Dutchess County, which is where attorneys for the president’s late brother Robert Trump filed an unsuccessful claim to stop the publication of Mary Trump’s book, NBC News commented.
The 27-page lawsuit document alleged that the reporter “relentlessly searched for his niece … and convinced her to smuggle the records from his attorney’s office and turn them over to The Times” to create his controversial story.
Trump sued niece and newspaper and accused them of wanting to “gain fame”
It added: “Craig, aware that the documents had been derived from the Equity Shares litigation proceedings, ordered Mary Trump to retrieve the documents from the office of her previous Equity Shares attorney, Farrell Fritz, and ‘smuggled them ‘ outside”.
The lawsuit claimed that Mary Trump violated a confidentiality agreement that prohibited her from publicly disclosing details of the family’s finances under the terms of the Fred Trump Sr. estate settlement. The lawsuit also claimed that her niece and the reporters were “motivated by a personal vendetta and his desire to gain fame, notoriety, acclaim and a financial windfall “and to” advance his political agenda. ”
End of Donald Trump and Melania’s marriage? Former secretary has dismissed the rumors as “despicable”
Amid speculation pointing to the end of the marriage of Donald Trump and Melania, former White House press secretary Sean Spicer has called the rumors “despicable” and says they are used to “belittle” the former president.
“I think the reports are absolutely loathsome and disgusting. I have seen them together for six years. I have no idea of their personal relationship, but seeing people speculate on the state of their marriage is absolutely deplorable and despicable, “Spicer said days ago to The Sun.
Controversy over the marriage of Donald Trump and Melania
In recent weeks, while Trump has hinted that he will run in the next presidential election, publications have affirmed that Melania does not want to return to her role as first lady if her husband wins again in 2024, a fact that Spicer has also denied.
It should be remembered that Donald Trump married the former Slovenian model in 2005. However, since his turbulent time in the White House, rumors of separation have surrounded their relationship, especially after starring in several tense scenes in front of the cameras.
Melania’s close friends have ruled out her alleged divorce plans
According to the newspaper The Sun, a former aide who worked in the Trump administration surprisingly claimed last year that the former first lady was “counting every minute” until Donald left the White House, which the administration dismissed as a “pathetic” rumor.
However, close friends of Trump’s wife have said they have no plans to divorce him. On this occasion, Spicer added that some people “can’t help themselves” while trying to “look down on” Trump, according to The Sun.
Melania would keep a low profile during the Trump campaign
The former press secretary said it would be up to Melania to decide whether she wanted to appear at the rallies, should her husband decide to run again for the presidency. An anonymous source alleged that Melania would not appear at campaign events, according to CNN.
According to the source, Lara Trump and Kimberly Guilfoyle, the partners of Trump’s children, Eric and Don Jr, would likely join the former president in the election campaign. The source added that Lara and Guilfoyle have the “same drive” as former President Trump.
Melania out of the public eye
Melania Trump’s office did not respond to CNN’s request for comment. Since Trump left office in January, the former FLOTUS appears to have withdrawn from the public eye. She has only been seen publicly once this summer when she was seen leaving the Trump Tower in Manhattan in July, accompanied by her son Barron.
Melania has only been seen in Instagram posts from guests who saw her at Trump’s golf club in Bedminster, NJ. During her time as First Lady, she participated in fewer than five on-camera interviews and no interviews with the print media. For more details visit this note.
The post Trump sued his niece and the New York Times for $ 100 million appeared first on Hispanic World.