- The transfer of power to Vice President Mike Pence for the convalescence from COVID-19 of President Donald Trump “is not on the table,” they say
- Trump’s doctors at Walter Reed’s military hospital indicated that the president could be discharged this Monday and be treated at the White House if his favorable evolution continues
- O’Brien, the National Security adviser, detailed that Trump will receive intelligence and security reports remotely this Sunday
The transfer of power to vice president, Mike Pence, for convalescence by COVID-19 President Donald Trump’s “is not on the table,” the National Security adviser told CBS News this Sunday, Robert O’Brien.
“There is nothing on the table right now,” said the advisor this morning, shortly before the medical equipment who treats Trump at Walter Reed’s military hospital indicated that the president could be discharged this Monday and be treated at the White House if his favorable evolution continues.
O’Brien explained that Trump will receive intelligence and security reports remotely this Sunday and that there is no need to consider the delegation of power because “he is firmly in command of the Government of the country.”
Government rules out transfer of power due to Trump’s convalescence
Trump, who is seeking reelection in the November 3 election, was admitted to Walter Reed’s military hospital Friday afternoon after experiencing a high fever and a drop in blood oxygen levels, a few hours after confirming his positive for COVID -19 Thursday night.
On Saturday morning he registered a new drop in oxygenation, but throughout the day he recovered, he has not had a fever since then and is active and without breathing difficulties, according to his medical team.
If the president maintains this evolution, he will continue his treatment with the antiviral Remdesivir and Dexamethasone from the White House.
Trump’s positive for COVID-19 turned his electoral campaign around a month before the elections, interrupting the president’s hectic schedule of rallies and focusing attention on the pandemic just when he was most interested in minimizing it.
The news also forced the testing of many people who were in contact with the president in recent days, including the Democratic presidential candidate, Joe Biden, who shared the stage with Trump during the debate last Tuesday in Cleveland (Ohio) . Both Biden and his wife, Jill, tested negative on Friday morning.
The president leaves the hospital to greet his followers from a van (VIDEO)
For a few minutes the President Donald Trump left the hospital where he has been hospitalized since Friday for the coronavirus, to greet from a black truck the followers who have been encouraging him on the outskirts.
With mask, President Trump was in the back of a Suburban and from there he greeted his supporters, during a “surprise” tour in front of the Walter Reed Medical Center.
After the tour, James P. Phillips, a doctor from Walter Reed Medical Center, condemned the president’s action with two tweets.
“That presidential SUV is not only bulletproof, it is hermetically sealed against chemical attack. The risk of transmission of COVID-19 inside it is as high as outside for medical procedures. The irresponsibility is amazing. My thoughts are with the Secret Service obligated to comply, ”wrote the doctor.
“Every person in the vehicle during that completely unnecessary presidential ‘step’ now has to be quarantined for 14 days. They can get sick. They may die. For political theater. Sent by Trump to risk their lives for the theater. This is crazy, ”added the doctor at the hospital where the president is being admitted.
Minutes before he ventured out for the first time since he was admitted on Friday, the president shared a video via Twitter.
“It has been a very interesting trip, I learned a lot about COVID,” Trump said in the video recorded inside the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
“I really learned it by going to school. This is the real school. This is not the school where we are going to read the book, and I understand it, and I understand it ”. This is Trump’s third video in two days.
Hours before Trump’s trip by truck, the doctors who treat the president during his convalescence from COVID-19 assured that on his third day admitted to a hospital, his evolution is positive and he could be discharged on Monday, although the “ ups and downs ”and worrying signs, such as the fact that his treatment is normally reserved for severe cases of coronavirus, according to the Efe agency.
In the medical report this Sunday at the Walter Reed Medical Center, on the outskirts of Washington, one of the members of the team that treats the US president, Brian Garibaldi, assured that if Trump “continues to feel well, our plan is that he can be discharged tomorrow and return to the White House, where he will continue his treatment ”.
The president’s personal physician, Sean Conley, acknowledged that there are “ups and downs,” but the president’s team is “extremely happy” with the progress since the hospitalization.
The president recorded a second episode on Saturday in which the level of oxygen in the blood fell to about 90 percent, although he did not clarify whether, as happened on Friday, the president required supplemental oxygen.
“As with any disease there are ups and downs, especially when the patient is being watched closely for 24 hours,” explained Conley, who revealed that they have expanded the treatment and since yesterday Trump has been given the steroid Dexamethasone in response to the drops in oxygen saturation, which were never less than 90 percent.
TO WATCH THE VIDEO CLICK HERE
Conley, who on Saturday sowed doubts with a confused medical report that was joined by contradictory statements from the White House, justified his reluctance to confirm that Trump had received oxygen on Friday before being transferred to the hospital because he did not want to overshadow the message that the President had experienced a very significant improvement.
On Thursday night, when his positive was made public, and in the early hours of Friday the president was fine, with only mild symptoms, but around noon on Friday the blood oxygen level fell below 94 percent. and the fever was “high,” so they recommended supplemental oxygen, according to Conley.
Trump resisted being given supplemental oxygen because he was not experiencing breathing difficulties, but eventually gave in to his doctor’s recommendations.
“I was concerned about a rapid progression of the disease,” said the president’s doctor, so the decision was made to do a more thorough follow-up on the Walter Reed presidential floor.
The president has not shown respiratory difficulties since Saturday and has not had a fever, and according to Robert O’Briend, the White House National Security Advisor, he is “firmly in control of the Government” and will receive intelligence and security reports today. by videoconference.
Dexamethasone, which has side effects such as burning or headaches, is usually given normally in severe cases of COVID-19.
Similarly, the antiviral Remdesivir, of which Trump is receiving his third dose today as part of a five-day treatment, is applied to hospitalized patients.
Remdesivir, which has been cleared for emergency by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), is normally combined with monoclonal antibodies, as has happened in the Trump case.
Regeneron’s antibody cocktail, which Trump received Friday, and Remdesivir attack the virus and slow its spread.
Trump, 74 years old and overweight, is a patient at special risk of developing a serious variant of COVID-19, for which he has also undergone lung scans and an exhaustive control of heart, liver and kidney functions. kidneys.
Conley also added that Trump’s lung scans have only seen “expected findings” and there are “no major clinical concerns” in that regard.
Filed as: Transfer of power to Pence ruled out due to Trump’s convalescence
The post Transfer of power to Pence ruled out due to Trump’s convalescence appeared first on Hispanic World.