Thousands of Americans can apply for $150 gas cards in the next week

Thousands of Americans can apply for $150 gas cards in the coming days. Chicago is offering 50,000 prepaid gas cards worth $150. Addition...

Compartir
Suscríbete
Suscribe our Newsletter
Recibe por email las noticias más destacadas
  • Thousands of Americans can apply for $150 gas cards in the coming days.
  • Chicago is offering 50,000 prepaid gas cards worth $150.
  • Additionally, the city will award 100,000 $50 prepaid transit cards to those who qualify.

Thousands of Americans will be able to apply for a $150 gas cards starting next week. The month of June is approaching and, with it, a new opportunity for residents who are struggling with high fuel prices to apply for financial help.

The program called Chicago Moves, proposed by Mayor Lori Lightfoot, was approved by the Chicago City Council on Wednesday, April 27. It will provide 50,000 prepaid gas cards worth $150 to residents. Additionally, 100,000 residents will be able to receive prepaid transit cards worth $50, according to The Sun.

When will they send the gas cards in Chicago?

check
Photo: Shutterstock

These cards will be limited to gas stations in Chicago, Illinois and will be distributed every month from May through September. The city will hold a lottery to award $12.5 million in transit and gasoline cards. Gas card mailing dates are June 3, July 3, August 3, and September 3.

Transit cards can be used to purchase tickets at Ventra vending machines at CTA stations, Ventra retail stores, or through the Ventra website. On the other hand, about 75% of the gas cards will go to low-income residents while the remaining 25% will be distributed in each district of the city. Filed Under: Chicago gas check.

Application deadline announced

CHICAGO GAS CHECK
Photo: Shutterstock

To qualify for a month’s gas card drawing, you must apply by the first day of the month. The next deadline to apply for transportation and gas cards is June 1. Find out how to apply at Chicago.gov/ChicagoMoves.

The deadline for transit cards is June 3. To apply for help you can do so through the link above. Or, if you prefer to do it in person, you can go to any location of the Chicago Public Library. All applicants who are selected will be notified by email. Filed Under: Chicago gas check.

Chicago will send $500 checks

aid
Photo: Shutterstock

Meanwhile, new monthly payments of $500 will be sent to thousands of households in the United States thanks to a new program. The Universal Basic Income (UBI) program originally launched in June 2021, and Chicago announced last month that it will provide recurring monthly payments of $500 to 5,000 low-income households to help them financially and thus increase the financial stability of the city.

Application for the program opened on April 25 and closed on May 13. Eligible applicants will be entered into a lottery to receive payments, The Sun reported. Filed Under: Chicago gas check.

The post Thousands of Americans can request $150 gas checks within five days appeared first on Mundo Hispánico.