- Sweet corn tamales (RECIPE + VIDEO).
- You can melt the lard and butter to mix them with the corn.
- If you are a lover of sweet tamales, this recipe is for you.
Sweet corn tamales are traditional food in the states of Michoacán, Guerrero and Mexico. They are made from ground sweet corn, butter and lard and result in a mixture with a very soft and sweet consistency that makes them a delicacy of Mexican cuisine.
If you are a lover of sweet corn tamales, you definitely cannot miss this recipe. If you can’t prepare it now, read this article well, keep it in your memory, or you can also return once you have all the ingredients and follow the step by step so you can enjoy this delicious dish.
Sweet corn tamales
Preparation time 30 min
Cooking time: 40 min
Presentation: Open the tamale and serve with sour cream or condensed milk.
Tips: You can melt the lard and butter to mix with the corn.
6 cups of corn, tender, shelled
4 tablespoons lard, at room temperature
· 50 grams of butter
· 1 tablespoon of salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
Enough of totomoxtle leaves, soaked in hot water
To taste of sour cream, to serve
1. First, place the corn kernels in the processor for 2 minutes and after processing, proceed to put them in a container and reserve.
2. Next, beat the lard and butter, add the salt, sugar and baking powder, mix until incorporated.
3. Fill the totomoxtle with 2 tablespoons of the previous mixture, proceed to wrap them and cook in a steamer until they are well cooked. Serve with cream and enjoy. Filed Under: Sweet corn tamales (RECIPE + VIDEO).