- Martha Sepúlveda’s son raised his voice after the cancellation of the euthanasia was announced.
- “We are ready to fight for the dignity of my mother,” said Martha’s son.
- The woman suffers from a degenerative disease and what she asked was to die ‘with dignity.’
The son of the Hispanic woman who wanted to die through euthanasia and in the end, they ended up canceling the procedure, mentioned that they were going to fight against all odds so that his mother could obtain a dignified death and her wishes would be respected.
For them, it was ‘disconcerting’ and an ‘irregular’ procedure, to be notified last minute that authorities had decided to deny the petition that had already been approved. She said that she wishes to die with dignity, since she knows the risks of her illness; the woman was diagnosed with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
Son Martha Sepúlveda statements: They are puzzled
Federico Redondo Sepúlveda spoke to the media after the decision of the Medical Committee was made official, who yesterday announced that the euthanasia that they were going to practice at 7 in the morning would have to be canceled. The young man announced that this decision “damages the dignity of his mother” and will do everything possible to make her happy.
“Although it sounds contradictory, we are willing to fight for the dignity of my mother until the last consequences since her decision has not changed at all due to this event,” said Federico Redondo Sepúlveda in the media and assured that they will arrive until midnight. last circumstance to achieve the wishes of his mother. Filed Under: Son Martha Sepúlveda Statements
Son Martha Sepúlveda statements: He is worried about his future
In accordance with FMFederico also commented that they had received the notification from the IPS and that in the document, it was not clear why they would cancel the procedure. He said that his mother, after reading the new verdict, was in a state of deep concern about the future of her illness.
“She immediately received the notification without any justification from IPS, my mother once again had immense concern for the future because she knows and is very clear about the end of her disease, which is progressive and has been progressing,” Federico announced later. the cancellation was confirmed, even though the committee had approved the request. Filed Under: Son Martha Sepúlveda Statements
Son Martha Sepúlveda statements: It is puzzling
Martha Sepúlveda’s son mentioned that it was a disconcerting process for the whole family to face the refusal of the IPS due to the first result they had obtained, where the death of the woman was approved. He mentions that the situation declined when his mother’s controversial decision went viral and that they do not know how to deal with that situation.
“For us it is still disconcerting that this irregular decision by the IPS takes place just after the news of my mother’s decision went viral because before we had not been notified of any of these additional procedures,” said the young man in an interview with local media and rescued The FM. Filed Under: Son Martha Sepúlveda Statements
Son Martha Sepúlveda statements: They respect her decision
Martha Sepúlveda’s family assured that they respect the beliefs, faith and ideas of other people, so they would expect it to be fair treatment. Federico announced that the family does not see as a “fair event” that his mother is going through the cancellation situation, because beliefs should not be involved in the IPS decision.
“Constitutional rights cannot be seen in light of religion or the beliefs of other people,” replied the son of the Hispanic woman who expected to be killed this Sunday morning. Now, the family is attached to the woman’s decision, assuring that they will fight for help, he said. The FM. Filed Under: Son Martha Sepúlveda Statements
Son Martha Sepúlveda statements: She was not evaluated by the committee’s doctors
The young man also participated in an interview with W Radio, Colombia, where he discussed his mother’s issue with Dr. Fredy Rincón. In this interview, the young man assured that none of the doctors who are on the committee have been evaluating her. Federico mentioned that the committee members had made a second decision because of what they saw on television and not because of a clinical diagnosis.
“No doctor on the Committee evaluates my mother, did they check her because of what they saw on television? (…) We do not ask for this second chance and it must be the patient who asks for it. ”, Mentioned the son of Martha Sepúlveda to the radio program where they were debating the committee’s decision. Filed Under: Son Martha Sepúlveda Statements
According to W Radio, Colombia, Federico harshly criticized the doctors’ decision, calling it “disrespectful” and that it lacked the commitment they already had. In addition, the young man was surprised to admit that they were never informed of a second process, much less that his mother’s doctor warned them about what was going to happen.
“This decision is disrespectful, unpresentable; They did everything in secret and did not notify that they were going to meet. The treating physician did not inform us, and this is contradictory to the guidelines of these procedures ”, confessed the young man in the Colombian radio program, where he defended andl thought of his mother.
An arbitrary decision
The young man, who is upset by the committee’s decision, mentioned that the decision they made is disconcerting and all due to the fact that the news went viral on social networks and the media; This produced negative comments about the decision that Martha made and the influence it had, it was seen in the new result.
“It is still disconcerting that these arbitrary decisions took place just after the news went viral, so we believe that this did have influence in a way,” Federico told the media. The young man announced that he only wants his mother to have a dignified death and suffer no more. TO SEE VIDEO CLICK HERE
Euthanasia is canceled
After the Colombian woman Martha Sepúlveda was already preparing to die this October 10 at 7 in the morning, a last minute news changed everything, since through a statement they confirmed that euthanasia has been canceled at the clinic where they were going to do it, according to the portal BBC.
It was the Colombian Institute of Pain, the clinical center where the euthanasia was to be performed, which informed the woman that her request had been canceled, because she did not meet the necessary criteria to perform this procedure to end her life.
“According to a meeting in which the request of Mrs. Martha Liria Sepúlveda was reviewed and analyzed again in a broad and sufficient manner, it unanimously concluded to cancel the procedure to die with dignity through euthanasia, scheduled for October 10, 2021 ″, the IPS mentioned in the statement, according to Infobae.
And they explain the reasons why this last-minute decision was made: “That is why, by having an updated concept of the patient’s health and evolution, it is defined that the termination criterion is not met, as described above. I had considered in the first committee ”.
I would be the first to undergo this procedure
Euthanasia is a medical procedure that is used so that people who are in the terminal stage of an illness can die early and no longer suffer from it, this after it is shown that the person is in full mental faculties of the decision that think to drink.
She would thus become the first patient with a non-terminal diagnosis in Colombia to undergo the process. She has had difficulty walking for 3 years since she was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), so she made that decision.
The terrible disease he faces
Multiple sclerosis is a progressive disease of the nerve cells of the brain and spinal cord, the end of it is death, however, the woman has not been declared terminal stage, but still managed to get her request for receive an assisted death.
It was on July 23 that the Institutional Court of Colombia managed to extend the right to a dignified death to patients with non-terminal illnesses, since Martha Sepúlveda did not wait a week, and immediately submitted the request that was later accepted.
The post Son of a Hispanic who was going to die breaks the silence appeared first on Hispanic World.