- Salvadoran pupusas are thick corn tortillas that are usually filled with cheese and various stews
- Here is a delicious and simple recipe for you to enjoy at home
- This dish is enjoyed at all hours, prepare it and try the delicious Salvadoran food
Have you heard about Salvadoran pupusas? Well, it is a delicious typical dish based on corn flour.
Salvadoran pupusas are a typical dish of this Latin American country, which are also native to other Central American countries, adapting different ingredients to their recipes.
Pupusas are made from dough cornAlthough they can also be made with rice and are usually stuffed with cheese and various stews.
Here we present a rich and easy Salvadoran Pupusas recipe created by Kiwilimón so that you surprise everyone at home with this typical food from El Salvador.
Try these delicious pupusas, you will love their flavor.
Preparation time 20 min
Cooking time: 25 min
Presentation: They are presented with red sauce and pickled vegetables.
Tips: Smear a little oil on your hands before forming the Salvadoran pupusas, to prevent the dough from sticking.
- 4 tomatoes, for the sauce
- 1 cuaresmeño chili, for the sauce
- 1/4 red onion, for the sauce
- 4 arbol chiles, clean, without seeds, for the sauce
- 1 teaspoon of oregano, for the sauce
- to taste of salt, for the sauce
- 1/4 cabbage, filleted, for the pickle
- 1 Cup of red onion, filleted, for the pickle
- 1/2 cup of Cuaresmeño pepper, sliced, for the pickle
- 1 1/2 cup of carrot, grated, for the pickle
- 1 teaspoon of oregano, for the pickle
- to taste of salt, for the pickle
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, for the pickle
- 1 cup of refried beans
- 1 cup of cheese
- 1/2 kilo of corn dough, prepared with salt and water.
To see the preparation continue reading on the next page.