- Salvadoran pupusas are thick corn tortillas that are usually filled with cheese and various stews
- Here is a delicious and simple recipe for you to enjoy at home
- This dish is enjoyed at all hours, prepare it and try the delicious Salvadoran food
Have you heard about Salvadoran pupusas? Well, it is a delicious typical dish based on corn flour.
Salvadoran pupusas are a typical dish of this Latin American country, which are also native to other Central American countries, adapting different ingredients to their recipes.
Pupusas are made from dough cornAlthough they can also be made with rice and are usually stuffed with cheese and various stews.
Here we present a rich and easy Salvadoran Pupusas recipe created by Kiwilimón so that you surprise everyone at home with this typical food from El Salvador.
Try these delicious pupusas, you will love their flavor.
Preparation time 20 min
Cooking time: 25 min
Presentation: They are presented with red sauce and pickled vegetables.
Tips: Smear a little oil on your hands before forming the Salvadoran pupusas, to prevent the dough from sticking.
- 4 tomatoes, for the sauce
- 1 cuaresmeño chili, for the sauce
- 1/4 red onion, for the sauce
- 4 arbol chiles, clean, without seeds, for the sauce
- 1 teaspoon of oregano, for the sauce
- to taste of salt, for the sauce
- 1/4 cabbage, filleted, for the pickle
- 1 Cup of red onion, filleted, for the pickle
- 1/2 cup of Cuaresmeño pepper, sliced, for the pickle
- 1 1/2 cup of carrot, grated, for the pickle
- 1 teaspoon of oregano, for the pickle
- to taste of salt, for the pickle
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar, for the pickle
- 1 cup of refried beans
- 1 cup of cheese
- 1/2 kilo of corn dough, prepared with salt and water.
To see the preparation continue reading on the next page.
- In a pot with boiling water, cook the tomatoes, the cuaresmeño chili, the purple onion and the arbol chili for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Grind the ingredients that you boiled together with the teaspoon of oregano, season with a little salt.
- In a skillet, fry the sauce over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the cabbage, red onion, cuaresmeño pepper, carrot, oregano, salt, apple cider vinegar, and warm water. Rest for 10 min.
- Mix the grated cheese with the refried beans.
- For the pupusas, take a portion of dough and form a ball, hollow out in the middle and flatten the sides a little; fill with beans and cheese, close and flatten in a circular shape.
- On a hot griddle over medium heat, cook the pupusas for 10 minutes.
- Serve the Salvadoran pupusas with sauce and pickled vegetables.
Enjoy your meal!
MundoHispánico is the number one digital media company in Spanish in the United States that operates independently.
Since its inception in Atlanta, Ga. In 1979, MundoHispanico.com, owned by Mundo Hispano Digital Network, has grown rapidly and has become the most widely read weekly Spanish-language newspaper in the southeast of the country and one of the largest Spanish-language news and information websites in the country. U.S.
In addition to emerging as a leader in breaking news for the Spanish-speaking audience in the United States, MundoHispanico.com has several platforms optimized for marketing, such as Mundo Dinero, Mundo Motor, Mundo Latina and Mundo Fan, which provide our audience exclusive and relevant content on these topics that they are passionate about.
MundoHispánico has 8 million followers on Facebook who interact with all its platforms, with breaking news and live video coverage of the main events of national importance. Find us on Instagram, Youtube and Twitter.
Filed Under: Pupusas Salvadoreñas
The post Salvadoran pupusas: a food that you definitely have to try (VIDEO + RECIPE) appeared first on Hispanic World.