- Do you dare to prepare an Aztec cake? (RECIPE + VIDEO).
- Tip: Use tortillas from the day before and adapt them to your mold, so the Aztec cake will be more aesthetic.
- If you want, you can accompany it with a salad.
Do you dare to prepare an Aztec cake? This traditional Mexican recipe is ideal to use the food that you have bought or prepared during the week and give it a second chance so you don’t have to throw it away.
Prepare this Aztec cake with simple ingredients that you always have at home, such as chicken, tortillas, tomato, among others, and you will have a complete meal ready in just 40 minutes. If you want to know how to prepare it, keep reading this article with the recipe made by Kiwi Lemon.
Preparation time 15 min
Cooking time: 25 min
Presentation: Cut a slice and serve with salad, if you wish.
Tips: Use the tortillas from the day before and adapt them to your mold, so your Aztec cake will be more aesthetic.
Enough of vegetable oil
12 tortillas, from the day before
3 poblano peppers
· 1 clove garlic
1/2 cup of water
To taste of salt
1 1/2 cups onion, filleted
1 cup of whole corn
4 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
To taste of salt
To taste of cream
To taste of cheese
1. Heat the vegetable oil and oil the tortillas on both sides, without frying. Reservation.
2. Grill the chiles on both sides and place in a plastic bag to peel them.
3. For the tomato sauce, blend the tomatoes with the garlic, water and salt for 3 minutes. In a frying pan, sauté the onion, the poblano pepper strips, the corn and the chicken; Add the tomato sauce and cook for 10 minutes.
4. To assemble the cake, place a layer of tortilla, one of chicken, cream and cheese; repeat the operation until the container is full, finish with a layer of cheese. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Cut a slice and serve with the drink of your choice.
The post Do you dare to prepare an Aztec cake? (RECIPE + VIDEO) appeared first on Hispanic World.