More than 2,000 migrants march to the US and Trump asks to eliminate the “poison” of the undocumented

More than 2,000 migrants, mostly Central American, continue to walk through southern Mexico towards the United States. The government of ...

Compartir
Suscríbete
Suscribe our Newsletter
Recibe por email las noticias más destacadas
  • More than 2,000 migrants, mostly Central American, continue to walk through southern Mexico towards the United States.
  • The government of President Biden said it was “ready” to deal with the wave of migrants.
  • For his part, former President Donald Trump warned that the US is being “poisoned” by the wave of immigrants and asked to continue with the construction of the border wall.

More than 2,000 migrants, mostly Central Americans, continued to walk northward through southern Mexico on Monday and arrived in the town of Huixtla, in Chiapas, in the afternoon, amid heavy rain and after nine hours of walking.

The city council of this municipality, just over 40 km away from Tapachula, from where the group left on Saturday, had sanitized the central park as a preventive measure to prevent COVID-19 infections, the news agency The Associated Press reported.

Migrant caravan heads to the US

MIGRANT CARAVAN USA
Photo: AP

Around a hundred members of the National Guard, the army and the National Migration Institute and at least one bus had been deployed on the road in the morning a few kilometers before Huixtla, an area where the previous groups that had been disbanded. They also left Tapachula, almost on the border with Guatemala, in recent months.

On Monday, the security forces did not act to try to stop the migrants and limited themselves to watching the group pass from a distance. On all previous occasions this year, the caravans have been disbanded before leaving Chiapas.

Biden says the US is ready for the arrival of migrants

MIGRANT CARAVAN
Photo: AP

While thousands of migrants continue their caravan north in Mexico, the United States government said it was “ready” to deal with the increase in the number of migrants, a spokesman for the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) said on Monday. .

Over the past weekend a new caravan made up of some 6,000 migrants, mostly from Central American countries and Haiti, made its way among hundreds of agents of the Mexican National Guard, in the southern city of Tapachulas, determined to follow their march to the United States, reported the Efe agency.

Prepared for all possible scenarios

BIDEN
Photo: AP

Questioned by Efe about this caravan, the agency spokesperson indicated that CBP “plans for all possible scenarios based on information about the operations of smugglers or the movements of migrants.”

“Our position and response are based on a comprehensive analysis and not on a single report,” he added about the news that has reached the United States about the departure of this caravan.

The post More than 2,000 migrants march to the US and Trump asks to eliminate the “poison” of the undocumented appeared first on Hispanic World.