- Learn how to prepare delicious and warm Mexican soups
- Here we present not one, but four recipes for Mexican soups to warm up on cold days
- You can choose between a tasty lentil soup with chorizo and a tasty bean soup
Forget the cold with these 4 easy recipes created by Kiwilimón to prepare hot Mexican soups.
You can choose between a delicious Tarascan soup, a rajas soup with corn, a tasty lentil soup with chorizo and a tasty bean soup. What hot soup do you crave the most?
The first proposal is a Tarascan Soup from Pátzcuaro Michoacán. It is made from beans with tomato and corn tortilla.
This soup is a nutritious recipe that you can serve as a starter or as the only dish since it has many ingredients that create a complete meal without meat.
Preparation time: 25 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Presentation: Serve the preparation with the tortilla julienne strips, the ancho chili, sour cream and fresh cheese, with a little avocado.
Tips: Take care that when you fry the chili it does not burn too much, otherwise it will sour your preparation.
- 1/2 onion, cut into eighths
- 1 garlic clove, cut into chunks
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup of beans, cooked
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 2 pasilla chili peppers, cleaned, soaked and seeded
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- enough of oil
- 1 cup corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup ancho chili pepper, cut into thin strips
- enough of sour cream, to serve
- enough of fresh cheese, crumbled, to serve
- enough of avocado, to serve
- Heat a comal over high heat and roast the onion, garlic, and tomato. Withdraw.
- Blend the ingredients that you previously roasted with the beans, the bean broth, the pasilla chili, the chicken broth, the bay leaf, the thyme and the
- marjoram until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Heat a pan with a little oil and cook the previous preparation until it is cooked.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat with the oil, fry the tortilla julienne until they are crisp, remove from the oil and place on absorbent paper.
- Fry the ancho chili strips without burning, repeat the same process and reserve.
- In a deep plate, serve the Mexican soups, accompany with the sour cream, the fried tortilla strips, the fried ancho chili, the fresh cheese and avocado. Enjoy.
Rajas soup with corn
Preparation time 15 min
Cooking time: 25 min
Presentation: Serve and decorate with the fried tortillas and the panela cheese.
Tips: The dried poblano chili is known as ancho chili and is used in countless sauces and recipes for Mexican food.
- 2 butter spoons
- 1/4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup of corn kernels
- 3 poblano slices
- 1 tomato, ground
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- enough of salt
- enough of pepper
- 4 corn tortillas, in strips and fried, to decorate
- 4 tablespoons of panela cheese, diced, to decorate
To see the preparation continue reading on the next page.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and cook the onion and corn for 5 minutes. Add the poblano pepper, the ground tomato, the tomato puree, the chicken broth, the salt and the pepper. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve and decorate with the fried tortillas and the panela cheese.
This delicious and inexpensive lentil soup with chorizo is ideal to prepare for your family any day of the week, it is very easy to make and it yields a lot.
Lentil soup with chorizo
Preparation time: 40 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Presentation: Serve in a deep plate and decorate with chorizo slices and Chiapas banana slices.
Tips: You can also use fried plantain and it will be delicious.
Keep reading on the next page to see the ingredients and preparation of this delicious Mexican soup.
- 3 tomatoes, quartered, for the caldillo
- 1/4 onion, for the caldillo
- 1/3 cup of fresh coriander, for the caldillo
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chorizo, sliced
- 5 cups lentil, washed and soaked
- 6 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- to taste of banana, sliced to decorate
- Blend the tomato, onion, cilantro, and garlic.
- In a frying pan, cook the onion, garlic and chorizo until golden brown. Reserve a few slices for garnish.
- In a pot, cook the lentils with the water, the tomato sauce, the chorizo and the salt, cover and cook for 30 minutes until the lentils are soft. Season.
- Serve the soup hot with the banana slices and reserved chorizo.
Preparation time 20 min
Cooking time: 55 min
Presentation: Serve the soup in the bowl and for decoration add, nopales, fried pasilla chili, tortilla strips and tomato.
Tips: You must make sure that the beans are peeled. The long cooking of this soup makes it fall apart and thicken on its own. It will be a dense and thick soup, very tasty.
- 1 cup broad bean, dried
- 4 liters of water
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup of tomato, finely chopped
- 2 cups of nopal, cut into cubes or strips
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- to taste of nopal, cut into strips and cured, to accompany
- to taste of pasilla chili, fried cut into rings to accompany
- to taste of corn tortillas, in fried strips, to accompany
- to taste of tomato, cut into cubes, to accompany
- Cook the beans with the water and a little salt in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes until they are soft. Reserve with everything and liquid.
- Heat a pot over medium heat with the oil, fry the onion, garlic, tomatoes, add the beans with everything and broth, the nopales, the coriander, season with salt to your liking, cook 25 more minutes, covered until the fava beans fall apart and the soup thickens.
- Serve the soup in soup plates and decorate with some pickled nopalitos, fried pasilla chili, tortilla strips and tomato. Enjoy!
The post Mexican soups to warm up on cold days (VIDEO + RECIPE) appeared first on Hispanic World.