- Here we present 3 recipes with shrimp ideal to share with the family
- Shrimp are low in calories and their characteristic flavor will enhance your meals a lot.
- Go ahead and prepare these recipes with shrimp so that you include them in your weekly menu
Shrimp are low in calories and their characteristic flavor will enhance your meals a lot.
Here are 3 different recipes with shrimp created by Kiwilimón so that you surprise your guests and get out of the routine.
With these 3 recipes with shrimp, you will be able to know how to make basic dishes such as a shrimp cocktail with beer or some exquisite skits with shrimp and guajillo chili, but also other more elaborate ones, such as shrimp cajun.
In addition to having fresh and new flavors in your meals, by including shrimp when cooking you also get protein, vitamin B12, vitamin E and A, and minerals such as calcium, potassium and iron.
Take advantage of these ideas and start including them in your weekly menu.
Stop wondering what is in the shrimp cocktail and prepare it with this recipe for shrimp cocktail with beer. This dish is characteristic of the coast, but you can make it at home and it will be perfect for hot seasons, as it is very fresh and ideal to share with the family.
Shrimp Cocktail with Beer
Preparation time 10 min
Presentation: Accompany with salty crackers.
Tips: It is important to always keep the cocktail refrigerated to prevent it from spoiling.
- 3 cups cheap shrimp
- 1 cup of tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of serrano pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons seasoning juice
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup tomato juice with clams
- 1 cup of beer
- to taste of salt and pepper
- In a bowl mix the shrimp with the tomato, the red onion, the serrano pepper, the coriander, the avocado, the lemon juice, the maggi sauce, the hot sauce, the ketchup sauce, the clamato, the beer, the salt and the pepper.
- Serve, accompany with crackers and enjoy.
These Cajun shrimp are made with a mixture from combining several spices, such as paprika, thyme, oregano and cayenne pepper and with this recipe you will have a new way of how to prepare simple and tasty shrimp.
Preparation time 10 min
Cooking time: 8 min
Presentation: Decorate with chives. Accompany with grilled corn, potato wedges and halved lemon.
Tips: If you want you can remove the shell from the shrimp, just remember that it gives it more flavor when cooked.
Continue on the next page to see the ingredients and preparation.
- 1 tablespoon of paprika, powder for cajun
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper, ground for the Cajun
- 1 teaspoon of oregano, for the cajun
- ½ teaspoon of thyme, ground for cajun
- ½ tablespoon of garlic powder, for cajun
- ½ tablespoon of onion powder, for Cajun
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper ground, for the cajun
- 1 teaspoon of salt, for the cajun
- 1 cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup hot sauce, (preferably for wings)
- 2 cups shrimp, headless, in shell
- chives, finely chopped for garnish
- corn, grilled yellow to accompany
- potato wedge, to accompany
- yellow lemon, in halves to accompany
- Mix the paprika with the cayenne pepper, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and salt until smooth. Pour in the melted butter trying not to have a very high temperature, add the hot sauce and mix again until completely integrated with the help of a handheld balloon whisk.
- Bathe the shrimp in the shell with the previous mixture until covered. In a hot skillet, cook the shrimp for 8 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve on a plate, decorate with chives. Accompany with grilled yellow corn, potato wedges and yellow lemon.
One of the typical Mexican snacks that you find in almost every corner are, without a doubt, the esquites. But to give them a different flavor, we prepared this recipe for Esquites con Camarones y Chile Guajillo, which you can also serve with mayonnaise, fresh cheese, lemon and chili pepper.
Preparation time: 40 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Presentation: Serve with mayonnaise, fresh cheese, lemon and chili pepper.
Tips: Do not overcook the shrimp so that they are not chewy.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves
- 6 guajillo peppers, seeded and deveined
- 1 ancho chili, seeded and deveined
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 1 corn
- 2 allspice
- 4 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons shrimp powder
- enough of salt
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cups of onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 4 cups of cacahuazintle corn
- 4 epazote leaves
- enough of salt
- 1/2 kilos of shrimp, clean and unpeeled
- enough of mayonnaise, to serve
- enough of fresh cheese, crumbled, to serve
- enough of chili powder, to serve
- enough of epazote, to decorate
- enough of lemon, to serve
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and fry the onion, garlic, chili peppers and tomatoes until they soften. Add the pepper, corn, water and shrimp powder, cook 10 more minutes, remove and cool slightly.
- Remove the corn and blend the previous preparation with salt and strain if necessary.
- In a deep frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat and cook the onion, garlic, corn, epazote, season with salt and add the shrimp.
- Once the shrimp have changed color, fill with the sauce, bring to a boil and cook until the corn is soft.
- Serve with mayonnaise, fresh cheese, chili powder, epazote and lemon.
The post Learn to prepare succulent recipes with shrimp (VIDEO) appeared first on Hispanic World.