Hispanic TV presenter murdered in Guayaquil

The Ecuadorian TV presenter Efraín Ruales was murdered this Wednesday in Guayaquil According to the authorities, the presenter received a...

Compartir
Suscríbete
Suscribe our Newsletter
Recibe por email las noticias más destacadas
Foto: Shutterstock / Video: MH
  • The Ecuadorian TV presenter Efraín Ruales was murdered this Wednesday in Guayaquil
  • According to the authorities, the presenter received at least four gunshot wounds
  • Ruales was one of the most charismatic characters in the program “In Contact” that Ecuavisa transmits

The television host of the Ecuavisa network, Efraín Ruales, was killed on Wednesday by unknown persons in the north of the port city of Guayaquil, police said.

According to preliminary police data, Ruales received several gunshot wounds from people who were mobilizing on motorcycles in the vicinity of the gym he attended in the mornings, reported The Associated Press. Ruales was on his way home when he was attacked.

Efraín Ruales

Photo: Twitter.

Agents of the National Directorate of Crimes against Life, Violent Deaths and Disappearances (Dinased), indicated that Efraín Ruales received at least four shots, reported the newspaper El Comercio. The reasons for the shooting that ended the life of the actor are unknown.

Efraín Ruales

Photo: Instagram.

Ruales, 36, was one of the most charismatic characters on the variety show “En Contacto” that Ecuavisa broadcasts in the mornings, he was also an actor and a popular character on social media, where he often played comic recordings.

The former mayor of Guayaquil, Jaime Nebot and the presidential candidate Guillermo Lasso, as well as television and artistic figures, expressed dismay at what happened.

On the other hand, six people, including one pregnant woman, were shot and killed early Sunday inside an Indianapolis home in an apparent targeted attack, said the city’s police chief, who denounced “mass killings” as a “different kind of evil.”

Local authorities called it the largest mass shooting in more than a decade, FOX News reported.

The fatal shootings were discovered by police who had been called around 4 a.m. Sunday to investigate reports of a person being shot in the 3300 block of East 36th Street, the northeast side of the city, but first discovered a young man with gunshot wounds, said Sgt. Shane Foley of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.

The young man was rushed to a nearby hospital in critical condition and is expected to survive.

While officers were investigating the boy’s shooting, Foley said police received information around 4:40 a.m., leading them to a nearby home, where they found several adults dead inside from apparent gunshot wounds.

Kezzie Childs, 42, Raymond Childs, 42, Elijah Childs, 18, Rita Childs, 13, and Kiara Hawkins, 19, and Hawkins’ fetus were pronounced dead after being found in the home, Foley said.

Hawkins was first taken to an area hospital, but both she and the fetus died despite efforts to save their lives, Foley said.

He said the minor initially found with gunshot wounds is expected to survive and police believe he was wounded in the shots that left the other five dead, along with the fetus, The Associated Press reported.

IMPD chief Randal Taylor said police believe the fatal shots were not random, but rather an attack led by one or more assailants.

No suspects were in custody as of Sunday night. And so far no motive or information about the possible suspects has been revealed.

Taylor said the shooting came days after police department officials announced their latest efforts to combat violent drug-related crime and “violence fueled by poverty or despair.”

“But what we saw this morning was a different kind of evil. What happened this morning, based on the evidence that has been gathered so far, was a mass murder, “Taylor said at a news conference.

“More than that, we believe it was not random,” he said.

Taylor said it was the largest mass shooting in the city in more than a decade, urging the public to contact the police and pass on any information they might have about the killings.

Mayor Joe Hogsett called the shootings “mass murders.”

“What happened this morning was a mass murder,” Hogsett said. “A choice of an individual or individuals to bring, and I do not use these words lightly: terror for our community,” he added.

He said he had contacted officials from the local FBI office in Indianapolis, the local United States prosecutors office and other law enforcement agencies for assistance in investigating the shooting.

“I want those responsible to know that the full power of local, state and federal law enforcement will be after them as I speak,” he said.

The police will determine if the firearms involved in the incident were acquired illegally.

They will also identify any person responsible for providing them, as well as anyone who is or chooses to help and incite the individual or individuals involved.

Filed Under: Efraín Ruales murdered

The post Hispanic TV presenter murdered in Guayaquil appeared first on Hispanic World.