- Learn how to make a delicious Hidalgo-style barbecue (RECIPE + VIDEO).
- This is a very traditional dish in Mexico where the meat is cooked in an “earth oven”.
- You can accompany it with a consommé made from the cooking juices, chickpeas and carrots.
Learn how to make a delicious Hidalgo-style barbecue. This barbecue is prepared in many places in Mexico and it’s a very traditional dish where the meat is cooked in Pib, this means in an “earth oven”, where the meat is covered with roasted maguey leaves. Today we share the recipe so you can prepare this delicious dish at home and share it with your family.
The meat is very soft and juicy as well as very tasty, accompanied by a consommé made from the cooking juices, chickpeas and carrots. A super complete and traditional dish now in your home! If you want to know how this dish is prepared by Kiwi Lemon, continue reading this article.
Hidalgo style barbecue
Preparation time 30 min
Cook time: 1 hr 30 min
Presentation: Serve the minced meat on the stalk, accompanied by the cooking consommé and corn tortillas, onion, coriander, lemons and drunk sauce.
Tips: The maguey stalk should be roasted to make it more flexible.
1 maguey stalk, roasted
2 kilos of lamb meat, (leg, clean)
To taste of grain salt
1 teaspoon allspice
2 avocado leaves, chopped
12 cups of water
1/4 cups chickpea
1/4 cups carrot, diced
1/4 cups of rice
1 chipotle pepper
1/4 white onions
2 cloves of garlic
1 branch of epazote
To taste of onion, finely chopped, to accompany
To taste of fresh coriander, finely chopped, to accompany
To taste of lemon, to accompany
To taste of corn tortillas, made by hand, to accompany
To taste of avocado, to accompany
To taste of sauce, drunk to accompany
1.- Place the maguey stalk on a board, add the meat and season with grain salt, allspice and avocado leaves. With the help of cotton thread, close the maguey stalk wrapping the meat. Reservation.
2. Add the water with the chickpeas, the carrot, the rice, the salt, the chipotle chili, the onion, the garlic and the epazote to the pressure cooker, place a rack and on it the stalk with the meat.
3. Cover the pressure cooker and cook the barbecue for 90 minutes after the valve begins to sound. Let it cool.
4. Remove the meat from the pressure cooker and reserve the broth. Chop the meat into small pieces.
5. Serve the barbecue with the broth and decorate with onion, cilantro, avocado, lemon, hot corn tortillas and drunk sauce.
The post Learn how to make a delicious Hidalgo-style barbecue (RECIPE + VIDEO) appeared first on Hispanic World.