He swallowed a toothbrush and the doctors had to remove it in operation

Doctors removed a 19 cm toothbrush covered in blood from the stomach of a man in Pradesh, India. The patient accidentally swallowed the b...

Compartir
Suscríbete
Suscribe our Newsletter
Recibe por email las noticias más destacadas
Foto: Shutterstock / Video: MH
  • Doctors removed a 19 cm toothbrush covered in blood from the stomach of a man in Pradesh, India.
  • The patient accidentally swallowed the brush while cleaning the back of his throat.
  • The operation was carried out successfully in a short time.

Doctors at Bakin Pertin General Hospital removed a blood-covered toothbrush from a man’s stomach after he swallowed it while cleaning the back of his throat, it reported. Metro UK.

Doctors waited just 24 hours to remove the 19 cm long toothbrush, fearing that leaving it longer could have been fatal. The event occurred in Pradesh, India.

The 39-year-old patient, whose name has not been released, was brushing his teeth on September 15 when he slipped, causing him to inadvertently swallow the toothbrush.

After suffering the unusual incident, the man rushed to a nearby health clinic, which quickly referred him to a hospital more than 100km away.

After performing an X-ray and other tests, doctors were unable to locate the brush in the man’s throat, leading them to conclude that it was in the stomach.

Fortunately, only a minor operation was required that took a short time to remove the brush from her stomach.

The man remained in the hospital while he recovered and was released a few days later. Dr Bomni Tayeng, chief surgeon at Bakin Pertin General Hospital, Pradesh, India, said that “the patient was taken to a private hospital in Pasigat, from there he was referred to the hospital.”

“The emergency surgeon at our hospital investigated the patient and planned to perform an esophagoscopy, while I checked the patient around 6:00 pm.”

Filed Under: A toothbrush was swallowed and the doctors removed it with operation

“The esophagoscopy procedure was performed on the morning of September 16, but the toothbrush was not found in the esophagus, the muscular tube that connects the pharynx (throat) to the stomach. This meant that the toothbrush had entered the stomach, “added the doctor.

Dr. Tayeng added that the patient did not feel any pain after ingesting the toothbrush and that he only experienced minor discomfort in the upper abdomen.

“As the toothbrush could not be detected in the X-ray, so I decided to carry out an exploratory laparotomy process under general anesthesia in the same session,” said the specialist.

“The brush could easily be felt in the stomach and was removed through a small incision in the stomach. This procedure only took about 30 minutes, ”Dr. Tayeng reported.

“The next day he started taking oral fluids, and had an uneventful recovery. He was discharged on September 21 ”, he concluded.

Filed Under: A toothbrush was swallowed and the doctors removed it with operation

Plane crashes, three die and the only survivor is a Hispanic baby

A baby He was the only survivor of a tragedy where a plane crashed and the other three occupants died.

According to the New York Post newspaper this Friday, a 1-year-old baby survived a plane crash in Colombia and was found when he was still hugged by his mother, who died along with her husband and nanny.

Mayerly Díaz Rojas, her husband Fabio Grandas, who was at the controls of the plane, and nanny Nuris Maza, were flying from Santa Marta to Guaymaral when the aircraft crashed in Ubate on Tuesday, The Sun newspaper reported.

The mother held tightly to baby Martin to protect him from the lethal impact, according to the aforementioned media outlet. Rescuers who came to the site found the deceased mother still holding her son.

The IB Times also highlighted the mother’s heroism in seeking to protect her son.

According to the IB Times, police believe the mother made one last desperate effort to save her baby when the plane was falling and shielded him with her arms.

Police still have no idea how the baby managed to survive both the fall and the fire that resulted from the impact. But they believe that it was probably the mother’s arms that managed to cushion the child from everything, including the impact from such a height.

Filed Under: A toothbrush was swallowed and the doctors removed it with operation

Hispanic World – October 17

About MundoHispanico.com – news and information website in Spanish.

MundoHispánico is the number one digital media company in Spanish in the United States that operates independently.

Since its inception in Atlanta, Ga. In 1979, MundoHispanico.com, owned by Mundo Hispano Digital Network, has grown rapidly. It has become the most widely read weekly newspaper in Spanish in the southeast of the country; and on one of the largest Spanish language news and information websites in the United States.

In addition to emerging as a leader in breaking news for the Spanish-speaking audience in the United States, MundoHispanico.com has several platforms optimized for marketing, such as Mundo Dinero, Mundo Motor, Mundo Latina and Mundo Fan, which provide our audience exclusive and relevant content on these topics that they are passionate about.

MundoHispánico has 8 million followers on Facebook who interact with all its platforms, with breaking news and live video coverage of the main events of national importance. Find us on Instagram, Youtube and Twitter.

Filed Under: A toothbrush was swallowed and the doctors removed it with operation

The post He swallowed a toothbrush and the doctors had to remove it in operation appeared first on Hispanic World.