- Here is a delicious and simple soup recipe that can be served as a snack or as a main dish
- Learn how to prepare sopes for any occasion
- Prepare these chicken sopes in green sauce and serve with refried beans that will give it an extra touch of flavor
What better treat Mexican than a rich and golden soup? And it is that this corn dough-based tortilla is undoubtedly a unique meal that can be served as a snack or even as a main dish. You don’t need many ingredients other than corn dough, beans, and whatever fillings you have on hand to cook some delicious sopes.
Here is a succulent and easy chicken sope recipe created by Kiwilimón so that you surprise everyone at home with this star dish of Mexican gastronomy.
Go ahead and prepare this recipe for chicken sopes in green sauce and served with refried beans that will give it an extra touch of flavor.
Chicken sopes in green sauce
Preparation time 15 min
Cooking time: 45 min
Presentation: Decorate with cream, cheese, serrano pepper and green tomato.
Tips: Cook your tomatoes well so that the green sauce does not remain acidic.
- 500 grams of corn dough, 50 grams per sope
- enough of water
- enough of salt
- enough of vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 8 green tomatoes, halved
- 4 serrano peppers
- 1 tablespoon cumin, whole
- 2 allspice
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 onion, filleted
- 1/2 kilo of chicken, cooked and shredded
- enough of refried beans
- enough of sour cream, to decorate
- enough of fresh cheese, crumbled, to decorate
- enough of serrano pepper, sliced, to decorate
- enough of green tomato, sliced, to decorate
Keep reading in the next one so that you know the preparation of this delicious chicken soup.
- Knead the corn dough with the necessary water and salt until you get a moist dough. Form balls of 50 g and with the help of a tortilla press, form the sopes.
- Heat a comal over high heat and cook the sopes until cooked, turning halfway through cooking. Remove, and with the help of your fingers, pinch the edges while still hot to form the edges of the sopes. Reserve covered.
- In a deep frying pan, heat a tablespoon of oil and cook the onion with the garlic, tomatoes, serrano pepper, cumin, allspice and coriander until the tomatoes change color.
- Fill with the chicken broth and cook until the vegetables are dissolved and the liquid is reduced. Chill slightly. Blend the previous preparation until you get a sauce.
- In a saucepan, heat another tablespoon of oil and cook the filleted onion until shiny, add the chicken and cook 5 minutes. Pour in the sauce, bring to a boil, and cook 10 more minutes or until the sauce is cooked. Season to your liking.
- Fry the sopes with a little oil and drain on absorbent paper. Spread with the beans, add the chicken and decorate with the cream, cheese, serrano pepper and green tomato.
Enjoy your meal!
MundoHispánico is the number one digital media company in Spanish in the United States that operates independently.
Since its inception in Atlanta, Ga. In 1979, MundoHispanico.com, owned by Mundo Hispano Digital Network, has grown rapidly and has become the most widely read weekly Spanish-language newspaper in the southeast of the country and one of the largest Spanish-language news and information websites in the country. U.S.
In addition to emerging as a leader in breaking news for the Spanish-speaking audience in the United States, MundoHispanico.com has several platforms optimized for marketing, such as Mundo Dinero, Mundo Motor, Mundo Latina and Mundo Fan, which provide our audience exclusive and relevant content on these topics that they are passionate about.
MundoHispánico has 8 million followers on Facebook who interact with all its platforms, with breaking news and live video coverage of the main events of national importance. Find us on Instagram, Youtube and Twitter.
The post Delicious recipe for chicken sope in green sauce to pamper your family (VIDEO) appeared first on Hispanic World.