- Here is a delicious and simple soup recipe that can be served as a snack or as a main dish
- Learn how to prepare sopes for any occasion
- Prepare these chicken sopes in green sauce and serve with refried beans that will give it an extra touch of flavor
What better treat Mexican than a rich and golden soup? And it is that this corn dough-based tortilla is undoubtedly a unique meal that can be served as a snack or even as a main dish. You don’t need many ingredients other than corn dough, beans, and whatever fillings you have on hand to cook some delicious sopes.
Here is a succulent and easy chicken sope recipe created by Kiwilimón so that you surprise everyone at home with this star dish of Mexican gastronomy.
Go ahead and prepare this recipe for chicken sopes in green sauce and served with refried beans that will give it an extra touch of flavor.
Chicken sopes in green sauce
Preparation time 15 min
Presentation: Decorate with cream, cheese, serrano pepper and green tomato.
Tips: Cook your tomatoes well so that the green sauce does not remain acidic.
- 500 grams of corn dough, 50 grams per sope
- enough of water
- enough of salt
- enough of vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, quartered
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 8 green tomatoes, halved
- 4 serrano peppers
- 1 tablespoon cumin, whole
- 2 allspice
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 onion, filleted
- 1/2 kilo of chicken, cooked and shredded
- enough of refried beans
- enough of sour cream, to decorate
- enough of fresh cheese, crumbled, to decorate
- enough of serrano pepper, sliced, to decorate
- enough of green tomato, sliced, to decorate
Keep reading in the next one so that you know the preparation of this delicious chicken soup.