- Here are four refreshing recipes for chamoyadas for you to enjoy these summer days
- A fresh chamoyada of cucumber with lemon or a more exotic one of mango, which one do you fancy more?
- If you want to surprise your family with this exotic drink, we will tell you step by step how to prepare it
Chamoyada is a delicious refreshing drink ideal for hot summer days. Its bittersweet flavor and a slight spicy touch make this drink a true culinary experience.
The name is derived from the word chamoy, a Mexican condiment made with chili and seasonal fruits.
Believe it or not, making chamoyada is so easy, that the most fun will be to decorate it with some spicy sweets or gummies.
Here are four delicious and easy chamoyadas recipes created by Kiwilimón so you can prepare them at home and enjoy them as a family.
Preparation time 10 min
Presentation: Serve with the frosted glass and decorate with chili gummies and sweets.
Tip: If you don’t have ice, you can just freeze the pineapple and with the water in the fruit you will achieve almost the same effect.
- 1 pineapple, honey, diced
- 2 cups of ice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- enough of liquid chamoy
- enough of chili powder
- enough of pineapple, cut into fans, to decorate
- enough of gummi enchilada
- enough of chamoy sweets, or enchilados
- For the chamoyada, place the pineapple cubes, ice, sugar, lemon juice, and pineapple juice in the blender and blend until you get a thick mixture.
- Dip the mouthpiece of the glass in the chamoy, to immediately frost with the chili powder. Put more chamoy in the glass and then serve the pineapple chamoyada.
- Garnish with pineapple chunks, chili gummies and chili candies.
Prepare this delicious drink based on shaved ice mixed with tamarind pulp. This tamarind chamoyada will win you over with its rich acidic and sweet contrast, served with liquid chamoy, chili powder and a touch of lemon juice. You only need 10 ingredients to prepare it.
Preparation time 10 min
Presentation: Serve in the frosted glass and decorate with chamoy sweets.
Tip: You can use shaved ice instead of blending completely, only the texture will be different.
- to taste of liquid chamoy, to frost
- to taste of chili powder, to frost
- 3 cups of ice
- 2 cups tamarind concentrate
- 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- to taste of gummi enchilada, to decorate
- to taste of chamoy sweets, type skwinkles, to decorate
- to taste of liquid chamoy, to serve
- Frost two glasses with the liquid chamoy and the chili powder.
- For the chamoyada, blend the ice with the tamarind concentrate, the sugar and the lemon juice until you have a smooth mixture.
Immediately serve the chamoyada in the frosted glasses, decorate with chamoy gummies, enchilados and liquid chamoy.
Are you one of the people who gives everything chilito piquín? We have the best chamoyada recipe that you can prepare for a hot afternoon.
Cucumber Chamoyada with Lemon
Preparation time 10 min
Presentation: Decorate with the chilito sweets and the lemon slice.
Tip: You can substitute sugar for natural syrup.
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, pitted, large cubed
- 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 3 spoonfuls of sugar
- enough of ice
- 2 lemons, sliced
- enough of chili powder, to frost
- 1/2 cup of chamoy
- enough of chamoy sweets, to decorate
- enough of tamarind sweet, and sweet and sour, to decorate
- 1 yellow lemon, sliced, to decorate
- 1 lemon, sliced, for garnish
- enough of chili powder, to serve
- Blend the cucumber with the lemon juice, sugar and ice until you get a scraped consistency.
- Frost the glasses by passing through the lemon slices and the chili powder.
- Pour a little chamoy into each glass and fill halfway with the lemon mixture. Add a little more chamoy and fill with the rest of the mixture.
- Decorate the chamoyadas with the sweets, the gummies, the lemon slices and serve with a little more chili powder.
Enjoy a mango chamoyada spicy with fresh fruit cubes and chilito powder, you will be fascinated by this delicious mangonada. It is perfect to enjoy it in the summer.
- Preparation time 10 min
- Servings: 4
- Difficulty: Low
- Presentation: Decorate with pieces of mango, tamarind and chili candies.
Tip: You can make it from any seasonal fruit and decorate with different tamarind sweets.
- Cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar
- 4 cups of ice
- 5 mangoes, (4 pieces for scraping and one piece cut into cubes to decorate)
- 3/4 cups chamoy, liquid (¼ cup to frost glasses)
- 3/4 cups chili powder (¼ cup to frost glasses)
- 1/2 cup pineapple, enchilada
- 4 tamarind pulps, in rolls
- 4 tamarind pulp enchilada shoulders
- In a pot, heat the water with the sugar until it forms a thick syrup. Let it cool.
- Blend the syrup with the four mango pulp and ice until you get a homogeneous and smooth mixture.
- Frost the glasses with a little chamoy and the chilito powder. Decorate the inside of the glasses with chamoy.
- Pour the mangonada in the glasses and place the mango cubes, decorate with the chamoy, the chili and the sweet picositos. It serves.
The post Chamoyadas: the star drink to refresh the summer days (VIDEO + RECIPES) appeared first on Hispanic World.