Hurricane Season! NOAA predicts above average hurricane season in the Atlantic this year

NOAA announced which areas will be affected this hurricane season. When does hurricane season start? They foresee 65% changes in the seas...

Compartir
Suscríbete
Suscribe our Newsletter
Recibe por email las noticias más destacadas
  • NOAA announced which areas will be affected this hurricane season.
  • When does hurricane season start?
  • They foresee 65% changes in the season compared to the previous ones.

IT’S ALMOST HURRICANE SEASON! On Tuesday, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) announced the start of the hurricane season and what is expected upon its arrival. Through a press release, NOAA reported on the changes that are expected this year and announced that hurricane activity will be above average again.

A couple of days ago, President Joe Biden spoke about hurricane season and said it’s going to be a tough one for the Atlantic. For this reason, the forecasts that were released on Tuesday reveal that the arrival of hurricanes in the country can be devastating and destructive.

HURRICANE SEASON IS HERE?

HURRICANE SEASON IS HERE?
Photo: Twitter

On Tuesday, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) announced that we are a few days away from starting hurricane season in the US. According to the bulletin they published, they are expecting above average activity this year.

For this reason, it was reported that between 14 and 21 named storms, of which between six and 10 will develop into hurricanes and three to six of those could be major category hurricanes.This is what NOAA foresees for this year in the Atlantic basin, according to the EFE agency.

What did NOAA announce?

Hurricane Season 2022: What did NOAA announce?
Photo: Twitter

NOAA reported 2022 on Tuesday, which will have a new “active” season. This means abundant cyclones in the Caribbean, the Gulf of Mexico and the western Atlantic, the EFE agency said. In the release NOAA published, they gave their predictions for the seventh round of hurricane activity.

Forecasters at NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center, a division of the National Weather Service, are predicting above-average hurricane activity this year, which would make it the seventh consecutive above-average hurricane season, stated National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Filed Under: 2022 Hurricane Season

When does hurricane season start?

Hurricane Season 2022: When does the season start?
Photo: Twitter

Hurricane season will begin on June 1 and will last until November 30. Likewise, NOAA predicted that this season will be higher than normal and that it is even one of the most “active” of the previous seven seasons; likewise. It could affect the Atlantic in a significant way.

“NOAA’s outlook for the 2022 Atlantic hurricane season, which runs from June 1 to November 30, predicts a 65% chance of an above-normal season, a 25% chance of a near-normal season, normal and a 10% chance of a below-normal season,” NOAA said. Filed Under: 2022 Hurricane Season

Will there be major hurricanes?

Hurricane Season 2022: Will there be major hurricanes?
Photo: Twitter

In addition, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration announced that there are likely to be thre to six major hurricanes in the area. They also noted that hurricane season could always have 14 to 21 named storms and of those storms, six to 10 are expected to become hurricanes.

“For the 2022 hurricane season, NOAA forecasts a likely range of 14 to 21 named storms (winds of 39 mph or greater), of which 6 to 10 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or greater), including 3 to 6 major hurricanes (Category 3, 4, or 5; with winds of 111 mph or greater). NOAA provides these ranges with 70% confidence.” NOAA noted. Filed Under: 2022 Hurricane Season

Why are more intense storms expected?

Why are more intense storms expected?
Photo: Twitter

In the bulletin, they announced that this year’s worse hurricane season is expected because there are several climatic factors that can change the intensity of hurricanes, one of them is the “El Niño” phenomenon, which is currently in progress and is expected to affect the Atlantic Ocean and Caribbean Sea.

“The increased activity anticipated for this hurricane season is attributed to several climatic factors, including an ongoing “El Niño” that is likely to persist throughout the hurricane season, warmer-than-average sea surface temperatures in the Ocean Atlantic and Caribbean Sea, weaker Atlantic tropical trade winds, and an increase in the West African monsoon,” said NOAA.

The post Between 6 and 10 hurricanes and 3 to 6 major ones, the forecast for the Atlantic appeared first on Mundo Hispánico.