- Atlanta pool party shooting leaves three people injured in a shooting Saturday night .
- The victims are 22, 55 and 71 years old, respectively.
- The 55-year-old man was caught in a crossfire while at a nearby Home Depot.
Pool party shooting: Three people were injured in a shooting Saturday night at a pool party in Atlanta, Georgia, authorities said. The shooting occurred around 7:45 p.m. in the Lindbergh area of Buckhead, a busy residential and commercial area of Georgia’s capital.
Police officers at the scene confirmed to local television channel WSB that the victims are 22, 55 and 71 years old, respectively. The 71-year-old man was walking into a nearby store when he was hit, while the 55-year-old man was caught in the crossfire in front of the plant sales area of a Home Depot near the pool party.
Pool party shooting: the shots were fired in surrounding areas
The 22-year-old was a guest on his way to the pool party. Atlanta police arrived at 2525 Piedmont Road and found three victims with gunshot wounds. Fortunately, the victims were alert and conscious as they were transferred to a local hospital.
Police believe the shooting occurred during a dispute between a large group of people attending a pool party. The dispute moved from the apartment complex’s lobby to the outside of the building, where the shooting occurred. Police believe the attacker’s vehicle may be dark in color, but the make and model are unknown. Filed Under: Pool Party Shooting
Another shooting in the Atlanta metro area
Gwinnett County Police in Georgia are at the scene of a fatal shooting that left one person dead and three others injured and have begun investigations. The shooting occurred early Wednesday morning in Preston Hills, at Mill Creek Apartments on Buford Drive, near Interstate 85.
Police said they found a dead man inside the apartment. Two women and another man were injured and taken to hospital. Their conditions are unknown, they reported media of communication of the metropolitan Atlanta area. Police said a “chaotic” crime scene was found.
Gwinnett shooting: police have yet to reveal identities
Gwinnett police have not released the names or ages of the victims, but said they are all adults. There is no information so far on the author of the shooting that occurred in the city of Buford. Authorities reported that the incident remains an active investigation.
Police said the incident occurred around 2:30 a.m., according to 11Alive. No further details are available at this time. Police urge anyone who witnessed the shooting or knows any details to contact Crime Stoppers at 404-577-TIPS. You can also call Gwinnett Police Detectives at 770-513-5300.
Shooting perpetrated by a attacker In a school in the Russian city of Kazan, it leaves around 8 dead – seven students and a teacher – and 21 more people hospitalized for wounds of firearm, according to information published by the news agency AP and Independent.
Rustam Minnikhanov, governor of the republic of Tatarstan, whose capital is Kazan, explained that four boys and three eighth-graders were killed in the shooting. His press department later reported the death of a teacher.
“The terrorist has been arrested, (he is) 19 years old. There is a firearm registered in your name. No accomplices have been detected, an investigation is underway, ”Minnikhanov said after visiting the center, adding that the school was once again a safe place.
According to health officials in the region, 21 people were hospitalized for injuries after the shooting, including 18 minors, of whom six were in intensive care.
ALERT IN MORE SCHOOLS
In a previous report, the Russian state news agency RIA Novosti reported that the shooting in Russia left 11 people dead, citing local emergency services. The different counts could not be immediately collated.
Russian authorities said additional security measures were taken at all schools in the city, which is about 700 kilometers (430 miles) east of Moscow, which is the Russian capital, but they were on the lookout. Filed Under: Dead School Shooting
School shooting dead: ADDITIONAL VIOLENT ATTACK
Russian police have opened a criminal investigation into the shooting in Russia. In images taken on Tuesday outside the school, dozens of ambulances could be seen waiting in line at the entrance to help the injured to be treated.
Although school shootings are relatively rare in Russia, there have been several violent attacks on schools in recent years, most of them perpetrated by students, and this news has caused a stir among society.
At first the authorities believed that two men were the attackers, however, later it was confirmed that there was only one detainee, but investigations continue to see if he had an accessory in the shooting at the school.
Reports indicate that the detainee was identified as Ilnaz Galyaliyev, a former student of the school, however, so far the reasons that the young man had for unloading his weapon against the students are unknown. Filed Under: Dead School Shooting
School shooting dead: HEAR EXPLOSION
The shooting took place at Secondary School number 175, on Dzhaudata Faizi Street early Tuesday morning, according to what was mentioned by the authorities, who did not have an updated figure of the number of wounded and dead. To see the video click here.
Investigations suggest that young Galyaliyev entered the school through its main entrance, and later shots were heard from an automatic firearm, but further indicates that an explosion was heard.
ANGUISH AND DESPERATION
Through social networks you can see distressing images of students jumping from the upper floors to the ground below and then, bloodied, receiving emergency first aid below. Two students died after jumping from the second and third floors. To see the video click here.
In another video you can see the damage caused by the explosion, there are remains of furniture and damaged ceilings, however, the authorities have not yet indicated that it could cause the explosion and they continue with the investigations. Filed Under: Dead School Shooting
School shooting dead: ANNOUNCED IT
According to The Moscow Times, the attacker had already announced that he would unleash an event like this, however, it is not known whether the authorities dismissed the warning or neglected security measures.
Although in a first report it was indicated that there was a second shooter, the authorities ruled out that and confirmed that there was only an attacker, who was arrested and is awaiting trial for the death of the students and teacher.
PUTIN REQUESTS WEAPONS RESTRICTION
The president of Tatarstan, Rustam Minnikhanov, arrived at the school, according to the business daily Kommersant, the objective was to visit the place and know first-hand what happened, to activate aid to the wounded.
For his part, Russian President Vladmir Putin called for an “urgent” tightening of gun control restrictions after the shooting, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said. Russia’s Investigative Committee has opened a criminal case of mass murder. Filed Under: Dead School Shooting