Air Force military base closed for alleged shooting in Ohio

Military base closed for alleged active shooter in the middle of the Air Force base in Ohio. Two people reported hearing a gunshot at the...

Compartir
Suscríbete
Suscribe our Newsletter
Recibe por email las noticias más destacadas
  • Military base closed for alleged active shooter in the middle of the Air Force base in Ohio.
  • Two people reported hearing a gunshot at the base east of Dayton shortly after 9 p.m. on Thursday night.
  • Likewise, authorities issued a report of another shooting in Illinois in the middle of the morning that left multiple injured.

Ohio’s Wright-Patterson Air Force Base was closed for several hours while security officials investigated reports of a shooter on site, but they finally gave the go-ahead on Friday morning, The Associated Press reported.

Related

 

 

 

Two people reported hearing a gunshot at the base east of Dayton shortly after 9 p.m. on Thursday, said Colonel Patrick Miller, the installation commander at Wright-Patterson AFB. The report started a series of events that led to the shutdown.

Alleged shooting at military base

military base shooting
Photo: AP

Over the next four hours, officials from the airbase’s 88th wing said first responders conducted two sweeps of the National Center for Air and Space Intelligence, a three-story, 850,000-square-foot headquarters for the center described as the Department’s primary source. Defense for the foreigner and carried out analysis of air and space threats.

The blockade was lifted with the announcement that everything was clear around 1:40 a.m. Friday. No threats were identified and no injuries were reported, Miller said. It was unclear if the sound the two people heard was a gunshot. Miller declined to speculate on the cause sound.

They all left the military base safe and sound

MILITARY BASE SHOOTING
Photo: AP

The NASIC sweeps involved several people so that first responders could search the entire building. “It is not a single passkey that leads you to the door of the National Center for Air and Space Intelligence,” Miller said. “Therefore, it took several people to enter and open some doors so that our security forces could pass through and sweep that area.”

About 100 people worked inside the center at the time, he said. They all came out safe and sound. Additional investigation was planned to determine the cause of the sound. Miller said people at the facility have been trained for lockdown situations, and said two active shooting exercises were held there last year.

The post Air Force military base closed for alleged shooting appeared first on Hispanic World.